The danger may be close to you, pay attention to the cleaning products you buy
Currently there are countless cleaning and disinfection products on the shelves of supermarkets and stores with different chemical compositions and concentrations. Many times we neglect to use them at home or in our workplace without taking the forecasts. Today we want to teach you how dangerous they can be if we do not use them properly.
Acting with caution when we have to handle chemical products is the most sensible thing to do
The correct use of chemicals that help us to disinfect and deep clean is a preventive action that can avoid consequences on some surfaces, clothing or accessories, among many others. Although the most worrying thing is what can affect our health and our loved ones. Especially if we do not carefully handle the products that cause a reaction when mixed.
Here we tell you which chemicals you should avoid mixing. Since they are a health hazard:
- Bleach with ammonia:
When mixed they produce gases that attack the respiratory system. Since they become chloramine (NH2Cl), which is very corrosive and toxic. Its consequences can be skin burns and inflammation of the mucous membranes. Causing coughing, asthma or burning eyes.
- Bleach and alcohol:
When this combination takes place, it can cause damage to the eyes, skin, lungs and kidneys. In some cases it attacks the nervous system and the hepatic system. Alcohol (ethanol) and hypochlorite combined are converted to chloroform.
- Bleach and vinegar:
By mixing these two substances they become chlorine gas, which is very toxic. It can destroy membranes and cause quite serious burns, because it is transformed into highly dangerous hydrochloric acid.
- Bleach and other products such as dishwashers and bathroom cleaners.
In the same way, you run the risk of it becoming chlorine gas and causing damage to your mucous membranes or burning your skin.
- Vinegar and hydrogen peroxide
Vinegar is an excellent disinfectant and cleaner but mixing it with hydrogen peroxide turns it into peracetic acid. Which is an eye and respiratory system irritant and can damage the lungs. To clean surfaces you can spray hydrogen peroxide and then vinegar but never in the same container.
- Vinegar and bicarbonate:
Although these two substances can be combined to remove stains from carpets and other pieces. What should be avoided is binding them in a closed container. Since it could explode due to the reaction of both components.
- Mixtures of products from different brands:
Avoid mixing products from different brands. The reason for this warning is that although they are made for the same function, each one of them has different components. Which can cause a toxic reaction.
Because it is a delicate subject. We make some recommendations for you to preserve your health:
- In the case of using bleach or hypochlorite, mix 20 ml of this product in one liter of water. Leave it for about 5 minutes before using it. In the same way, use cold water since with hot water the product loses effectiveness. This action is very effective for cleaning.
- Please read the instructions and chemical contents before use. And of course, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. That’s a habit that can save you a few inconveniences.
- If in the cleaning process you feel any reaction in your body such as eye irritation, coughing, sneezing, nausea or dizziness. Get out of that place and get some fresh air.
- In case of ingesting a toxic cleaning product by accident. Don’t make yourself vomit. Drink plenty of water or milk and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Use the appropriate utensils and protectors. Like gloves, masks, aprons, brushes among others. That will avoid you greater evils.
The essential cleaning products and common sense
You are well aware of the importance of cleanliness at home and in the workplace. Likewise, a hygiene activity cannot be carried out with only water, therefore, the use of chemical products is necessary. However, moderation and common sense are vital for this cleaning to end successfully and without regrettable consequences.
A cleaning company that answers you
Many chemical products contain components that can be harmful if not handled with knowledge and practice. For that reason, we offer you our cleaning services. If you want to contact us, we are for you at the email: email@example.com. Like the landline: +1 9052069878. Also whatsapp or for calls at +1 647823444.